Thursday, February 12, 2009

Milk Fast


Yesterday I started a milk fast. I can't believe I made it through the whole day without a single glass of milk. I decided to do this for health reasons after having a discussion about it with my cousin. Did you know a baby calf, if fed pasteurized milk, will die? So why would an adult human being need milk? Especially plain old grocery store milk.


All of my milk allergies come back whenever I drink it, but the more I drink it, the more I want it. So, what is it about milk that is so addicting.?


Today is day 2, and I had a small container of yogurt for breakfast, which I believe is a little bit different than drinking straight milk. I'm going to keep plugging away and see if I can bring myself into a better state of health.
For anyone that is lactose intolerant, I recommend sheep's milk. It does not contain the ever-offensive ingredient lactose. Only a very small percentage of the population posesses the needed body chemistry to process lactose. If you must drink milk, sheep's milk is delicious. If you are local to the Upstate NY area, check out "three corner field farm". I believe it is in Shushan. A lovely family runs this dairy and they are highly professional & clean in their production practices...they also have a strong customer base with restaurants in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment